To apply, please review this posting and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will need to provide your contact information and a statement of interest. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Relations Committee Member
Duration: Minimum 8 month commitment
Hours: 6-10 hours per month
Reports to: Relations Committee Co-Chairs, Board of Directors
Embark is a growing, student-led non-profit based out of Simon Fraser University with more than 30,000 members. We’re seeking to empower students to lead sustainable change in our community, here at Simon Fraser and in the region. Our Board of Directors is comprised of undergraduate and graduate students at Simon Fraser University. The Board carries out specific tasks through a system of four appointed committees.
The Board currently has vacancies in the following committee for members to join:
- Relations (1 vacancy)
- Attend bi-weekly committee meetings, participate in formative discussions about strategy and implementation of our outreach strategy, and vote on motions
- Do some work between meetings
- Team up with other committee members and committee chairs, to make meaningful change
- Support and strategize with Embark staff on decision-making
- Admittance and attendance at SFU
- The patience to work with an engaged team of passionate students
- A desire to be a part of communicating substantive change to the membership