Position: Governance Committee Member
Duration: Minimum 8 month commitment
Hours: 3-6 hours per month
Reports to: Governance Committee Chair, Board of Directors
Embark is a growing, student-led non-profit based out of Simon Fraser University with more than 30,000 members. We empower students to lead positive, sustainable change across the university and in surrounding communities. Our Board of Directors consist of undergraduate and graduate students at Simon Fraser University. The Board carries out specific tasks through four appointed committees.
The Board currently has vacancies in the following committee for members to join:
- Governance (2 vacancies)
- Attend monthly committee meetings, participate in important discussions, and vote on motions
- Carry out relevant work the committee tasks itself with between meetings
- Liase with the Committee Chair and other committee members, as necessary
- Support Embark staff on decision-making
- A desire to become involved in the governance of non-profits
- Some post-secondary education
- A desire to work with an engaged team of passionate students!