To apply, please review this posting and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will need to provide your contact information and a statement of interest. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Position: Learning Garden Volunteer (Burnaby)
Duration: Minimum 4-month commitment
Hours: 1-2 hours per week
Reports to: Garden Coordinator
Embark is an independent, student-led not-for-profit based out of Simon Fraser University that empowers the next generation of student sustainability leaders. Embark’s 35,000+ members include all students enrolled in an SFU undergraduate or graduate degree program. Our mission is to engage our members in change making and inspire their sustainability leadership through our grant, advocacy, and student-designed programming.
Learning Garden Volunteers play an integral role in the operation of our Learning Garden at SFU Burnaby. Volunteers will learn about growing local organic produce, develop gardening skills, meet people interested in gardening, and have the opportunity to share their knowledge with the SFU community.
- Participate in seeding, transplanting, watering and harvesting vegetables once a week.
- Learn when to plant which crops and how to take care of them.
- Participate in a semesterly season-related gardening workshop.
- Attend a semesterly check-in meeting with Embark’s Programs Manager.
- Availability at SFU Burnaby on Thursdays for one hour at 12:30 pm.
- Currently an SFU undergraduate student, graduate student, or Embark associate member.
- A desire to work with an engaged team of people!