To apply, please review this posting and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will need to provide your contact information and a statement of interest. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Climate Action Volunteer
Duration: Minimum 4-month commitment
Hours: 2-3 hours per week, including weekly meetings
Reports to: Climate Action Coordinator
Embark is an independent, student-led not-for-profit based out of Simon Fraser University that empowers the next generation of student sustainability leaders. Embark’s 35,000+ members include all students enrolled in an SFU undergraduate or graduate degree program. Our mission is to engage our members in change making and inspire their sustainability leadership through our grant, advocacy, and student-designed programming.
Climate Action Volunteers work with the Climate Action Coordinator and fellow volunteers on climate-related initiatives. In this exciting role, you will develop event planning and outreach skills while advocating for carbon neutrality.
- Assist with planning and organizing an educational and discussion-based Climate Forum where participants will reflect on how SFU can move toward carbon neutral investments and a renewable energy future.
- Raise awareness around climate-related issues and interact with the university community through in-person engagement.
- Collaborate with other groups on and off campus working in the area of climate action (e.g. collaborate on the divestment campaign at SFU and other climate-related campaigns beyond SFU).
- Participate in a monthly 2-hour Community Cohort meeting with other Embark volunteers to reflect on modeling and advocating for carbon neutrality.
- Attend a semesterly check-in meeting with Embark’s Programs Manager.
- A student of Simon Fraser University.
- A desire to work with a team of passionate students on addressing climate change!