To apply, please submit your resume and a short statement of interest to email@example.com with a subject line of the following format: "First name Last name, Garden Assistant, Application 2017."
Position: Garden Assistant
Duration: Minimum 4 month commitment
Hours: 8-10 hours per month
Reports to: Gardens Coordinator & Programs Manager
Embark is a growing, student-led non-profit based out of Simon Fraser University with more than 30,000 members. We empower students to lead positive, sustainable change across the university and in surrounding communities. The Garden Assistant plays a critical role in managing volunteers at Embark’s Learning Garden at SFU Burnaby. In this exciting role, you will work with our Gardens Coordinator and Programs Manager to recruit and manage garden volunteers on a weekly basis, as well as organize occasional events at the Learning Garden.
- Liaise with the Gardens Coordinator to develop a work plan and a weekly schedule for shifts
- Onboard new volunteers, support volunteers, and communicate with them regularly using email and WhatsApp
- Collaborate with the Programs Manager and Gardens Coordinator to organize gardening workshops for the SFU community
- Proficiency with Google documents & WhatsApp
- A student of Simon Fraser University
- Availability at SFU Burnaby