To apply, please review this posting and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will need to provide your contact information and a statement of interest. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Food Rescue Volunteer
Duration: Minimum 4-month commitment
Hours: 2 hours per week, and a monthly 2-hour meeting
Reports to: Programs Manager
Embark is an independent, student-led not-for-profit based out of Simon Fraser University that empowers the next generation of student sustainability leaders. Embark’s 35,000+ members include all students enrolled in an SFU undergraduate or graduate degree program. Our mission is to engage our members in change making and inspire their sustainability leadership through our grant, advocacy, and student-designed programming.
Food Rescue Volunteers play a critical role in running the Food Rescue program at SFU. In this exciting role, you will work with other volunteers to collect healthy produce deemed as surplus and un-salable by food industry standards and redistribute it to the university community.
- Work with Embark's Programs Manager and other volunteers to facilitate the program on a weekly basis.
- Assist with pre-distribution, which includes picking up the program materials from the Embark office as well as the bins from Nesters Market, and setting up the table in Blusson Hall.
- Assist with post-distribution, including cleaning up the table and ensuring all materials are returned to their proper location in the Embark office.
- Interact with the university community through in-person engagement.
- Participate in a monthly 2-hour Community Cohort meeting with other Embark volunteers to reflect on addressing the challenges within our food systems.
- Attend a semesterly check-in meeting with Embark’s Programs Manager.
- A student of Simon Fraser University.
- Availability at SFU Burnaby on Mondays or Thursdays.
- A desire to work with an engaged team of passionate students!