To apply, please submit your resume and a short statement of interest to email@example.com with a subject line of the following format: "First name Last name, Community Kitchen Assistant, Application 2017."
Position: Community Kitchen Assistant
Duration: Minimum 3 month commitment (start date: July 17th, 2017)
Hours: 5-7 hours per month
Reports to: Programs Manager
Embark is a growing, student-led non-profit based out of Simon Fraser University with more than 30,000 members. We empower students to lead positive, sustainable change across the university and in surrounding communities. The CK Assistant plays a critical role in running the monthly program at SFU, which uses produce from our garden to prepare free, vegetarian meals to students on campus. In this exciting role, you will work with our Programs Manager and other volunteers to research seasonal recipes, harvest vegetables, develop promotional content, and connect with the university community.
- Collaborate with the Media Coordinator develop marketing plans and online content
- Connect with the Gardens Coordinator to plan seasonal recipes and harvest vegetables on day-of
- Communicate with Nesters Market and pick up groceries on day-of
- Lead a group of 10-12 students in preparing and enjoying a healthy meal
- Interact with the university community through in-person engagement and promotion
- Proficiency with Google applications
- A student of Simon Fraser University
- Availability at SFU Burnaby (usually Thursdays)
- FoodSafe Certificate (preferred)