To apply, please submit your resume and a short statement of interest to email@example.com with a subject line of the following format: "First name Last name, Project Assistant: Climate Campaigns, Application 2016."
Position: Project Assistant: Climate Campaigns
Duration: minimum 4 months, preferably 8 months
Hours: 8-10 hours per month
Reports to: Programs Manager
Embark is a growing, student-led non-profit based out of Simon Fraser University with more than 30,000 members. We empower students to lead positive, sustainable change across the university and in surrounding communities. Climate Campaigners plays a critical role in promoting campus climate action, renewable energy use, and energy efficiency at SFU. In this exciting role, you will liaise with Embark staff as well as SFU350 climate action club, SFU Facilities, and other regional climate organizations.
- Support the Divest SFU fossil fuel divestment campaign and contribute to our campaign opposing the Kinder Morgan pipeline expansion at SFU
- Work with Embark staff and other Climate Campaigners to organize student events and activities (eg. National Sweater Day) related to climate action
- Collaborate with the Media Coordinator to develop online and offline promotion and communication plans
- Provide timely communications support on climate-related developments at SFU, including the creation of opinion pieces and media releases
- Interact with the university community through in-person engagement and promotion, attending meetings as necessary
- Proficiency with Google products
- A student of Simon Fraser University
- Availability at SFU Burnaby & Harbour Centre campuses
- Passionate about taking action at SFU to combat and adapt to global warming, improve our energy efficiency, and decrease the use of fossil fuels.