To apply, please review this posting and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will need to provide your contact information and a short writing sample (e.g. blog post, article, etc.). If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Minimum 4 month commitment
Hours: 1-3 hours per week
Reports to: Communication and Operations Manager
Embark is an independent, student-led not-for-profit based out of Simon Fraser University that empowers the next generation of student sustainability leaders. Embark’s 35,000+ members include all students enrolled in an SFU undergraduate or graduate degree program. Our mission is to engage our members in change making and inspire their sustainability leadership through our grant, advocacy, and student-designed programming.
Writers are the cornerstone of our online presence, providing creative and insightful articles for audience – both at SFU and beyond. By providing thought-provoking stories and analyses, writers will engage readers while increasing their writing portfolio with the guidance of Embark’s Communications and Operations Manager. Writers are given a great degree of independence and will be able to write content for the blog on our website.
- Attend regular meetings with the Communications and Operations Manager and Embark’s Media Team.
- Contribute articles to Embark’s website at least once every 4 weeks.
- Produce written content on breaking developments in chosen topic area.
- Keep up-to-date on developments in various areas, such as climate and energy issues and challenges in our food systems, both at SFU and beyond.
- Attend at least one Embark event or Community Cohort meeting per semester.
- Attend a semesterly check-in meeting with Embark’s Programs Manager.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Some post-secondary education and a knack for critical thinking.
- A desire to work with an engaged team of passionate students!