To apply, please review this posting and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will need to provide your contact information and a short writing sample (e.g. blog post, article, etc.). If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Duration: Minimum 4 month commitment
Hours: 1-3 hours per week
Reports to: Media Coordinator
Writers are the cornerstone of our online presence, providing creative and insightful articles for audience – both at SFU and beyond. By providing thought-provoking stories and analyses, writers will engage readers while increasing their writing portfolio with the guidance of a Media Coordinator and experienced staff. Writers are given a great degree of independence, and will be able to write content ranging from op-eds and press releases for newspapers to blogs for our website.
- Work with the Media Coordinator and Embark staff to produce press releases and op-ed pieces, as necessary
- Contribute articles for Embark’s website at least once every four (4) weeks;
- Produce written content on breaking developments in chosen topic area
- Promote contributed posts via social media as they are posted
- Keep up-to-date on developments in consumption and waste, both at SFU and beyond
- Excellent written communication skills
- Some post-secondary education and knowledge of the chosen topic area
- A knack for critical thinking
- A desire to work with an engaged team of passionate students!