We are building a future that doesn't rely on fossil fuels by advocating for investment in low-carbon innovations and climate solutions.
Join us in taking action against climate change on and off campus!
- Carbon Neutrality: We are working with SFU to divest its $370M+ endowment from fossil fuel corporations to align its investments with its values and reduce the risk of its portfolio.
- TankTalks: We are focused on the health and safety of the Burnaby Mountain campus community in the face of the tank farm expansion, with construction starting in September of 2017. Through dialogue-based town halls, we aim to mobilize SFU community members to address the risks of this project.
- Climate Risk Forum
- Kinder Morgan Rally
- Fossil Fools Day, in partnership with SFU350
- Blue Dot Campaign
- Open Letter: Expanded Carbon Pricing & Climate Action: We are organizing post-secondary students from across Canada to sign an open letter calling on the Premiers and Prime Minister to expand carbon pricing and implement effective climate action.
- Opposing the Kinder Morgan TransMountain Pipeline: We are opposing the twinning of the TransMountain Pipeline by lobbying government, participating in the hearings, and rallying students around public consultation opportunities.
- Bike to Work Week: Celebration stations at SFU, just for you.
- Bike Maintenance Workshops: We team up with Dandy Horse Cycles to teach you how to fix your ride!
- Advocated for a "Yes" referendum vote to improve transportation infrastructure for students throughout the region through the Better Transit and Transportation Coalition
- Launched a survey (n=437) that sampled the perceptions and preferences that SFU staff, faculty, and students held regarding cycling and produced a report detailing the results. We found a significant proportion of community members want to cycle more to and from SFU, but face barriers, including a lack of bike storage facilities and inadequate lighting on cycling routes